Mills of Mouzelis
An interesting sample of industrial architecture, witnessing the thrive of Lamia. The Mills or 'Milia', are connected with the memories of the city when it was economically and culturally prospering. They were established in 1936 by Konstantinos Krokos and Panagiotis Mouzelis and employed approximately 500 people day and night, The products made in the mills were : flours, rice, cotton and their by-products, They also produced every type of seed oil and processed tobaccos from Xanthi which they export to America and Egypt.
Northwest of Parkou Square El.Venizelou street starts which in the second junction meets Eslin street. If we move westwards along Eslin street we meet a fork. If we follow the street on the left we will find ourselves in front of the historic mills.