The Byzantine Museum of Fthiotida, in Ypati was established in January 2007. It is housed in the building of the so-called 'Kapodistrian Barracks', that was built in 1836 to meet the needs of the Greek army. In 1982 the building which met other uses during its history was listed as a historical monument and in 1998 it was ceded by the Municipality of Ypati to the Ministry of Culture to be a museum. In the two-storey museum one can find representative artifacts from different areas in Fthiotida which date back to the early Christian and byzantine period (4th-14th century).
It is located west of Ypati's Square